Saturday 7 May 2011

mommy


Every one has their own story of their mom. I am proud of how my mom struggled to raise the six of us after being widowed by my father.

First is to begin on how everything started. My father died  because of kidney failure. He died when I was only nine months old, too young to have the memory of him.

One day I tried to asked my mother on how things went on that moment before my father died. She can't barely say a word. Remembering the past would just make her tears fall. I never had the full story, I just had some insights which is more of family related.
All I can remember is her griefs and sorrows that sometimes gives her the idea of following my dad's death.
She had her strongest sources of hope everyone had. From that moment my mother has been involved to various church group and had close communication with God.
Can you imagine how would a single mom raise six kids on her own?
First possible means for her to make it is through the help of her parents or parents in law. But this isn't her option. None of the six of us were raised by someone else. She did it on her own.
The moment my father died, my eldest sister sacrificed stopped going to school to be my mother's partner in crime. No I mean business. But business aren't that friendly to our family. We just had a small stall inMeycauayan Public Market in Bulacan. We had been selling various products. But the very first are home made sweets, candies, toys and Breads. We had been trained to be a part of the family's business. It is just a traditional Filipino Business Located in the Market. Since then I can saw various lenders that my mom dealswith. It's a rotating strategy, this is the way our family lived. Everyone of us were trained to be involved in selling business. From it we acquired our dreams and ambitions to live out of the market and have another venue of earning. We stopped our business in Meycauayan because of Capital Problems but later on my mom entered a new business. We are now in the Wet Market of Malinta in Valenzuela  by 2007. We sell Tilapia and various sea foods. This is one of the most difficult business that our family deal with. I can't barely recall how long we've been selling fishes but I guess it has the shortest span. it is also the most difficult one because my mother's hands are soak into chilling water on a long period of time. I must admit i hate being there but I have no choice because without it i would be nothing.
Next and last business that my mother delat with is Eatery business. This is were my mother enjoyed a lot because she is really into cooking. With this, the three of us finished our studies. My mother used to wake up very early everyday to buy stuff for cooking and cook it up to lunch time and she would just have her little rest from 1pm. She acquired the business from being just a cook of  the original owner. Later on the original owner gave up her possession.
The history continued, the my mother just had her decision to stop the Eatery Business 2 years ago. 5 Among the six of Us finished studying, my eldest sister decided not to go to college.
Today my three eldest sister had their own families and my mother already have new six children, her grandchildren.
From the start my mother had her strenght from being a servant of God. She's not busy doing the business anymore but she's busy with her Church activities today. She had fulfilled it. She devotes most of her time to give back the blessings and guidance that she had from the very beginning.
I don't have her precise biography so this is just a summary.

Teresita Pineda, She is my mom. A truly devoted Catholic Servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

paypal

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.